Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bon Voyage

Well, today is Wednesday, and I'm no fool. I leave Sunday, and harbor no kindly delusions of having "all the time in the world." No, before I know it, I will be on an airplane, surveying the curve of the edge of the Earth, experiencing my usual "Icarus, eat your heart out" moment, and tingling with anticipation of our first destination.

My dear friends and family, for those of you who don't know exactly what is going on: we will be visiting India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Indonesia to observe the long term effects of the huge tsunami as well as relief efforts. I will be completing my thesis while there.

We will kick off this Southeast Asian adventure with a trip to Banda Aceh. It's pretty crazy, to start at the disaster's epicenter and radiate outward from there.

I have no idea what to expect, really. Just know that I will be posting pictures and journal entries whenever I get the chance.

The good news is that they probably won't be as long-winded as the past few entries, so you will be spared my sprawling prose.

Please be well, and expect post cards!

Love,
~F

p.s. In case you find checking this thing annoying, you can subscribe (see upper right) so that you get an email when I post.

No comments: